Thursday, September 10, 2009

8 Truths

Jeremy and I love to go to the nearby Barnes & Nobles often on his days off. Recently I grabbed J.I. Packer's book Praying off the shelf. This is an area I want to grow in. Not to have big impressive prayers, but to have a heart throughout the day of dependence upon the Lord, specifically displayed through prayer. I skimmed through the book, getting the main idea, that "true praying is an activity built on theology". My prayers, though they are only between me and God, speak loudly of what I believe about who God is.

This is Your God: 8 Truths
1. God is personal
2. God is plural (trinity)
3. God is perfect
4. God is powerful
5. God is purposeful
6. God is a promise-keeper
7. God is paternal
8. God is praiseworthy

1 comment:

Sarah Smith said...

i <3 that you go to Barnes and Noble so frequently. Reading together is so much fun.