Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugurate

Inaugurate:
1. to make a formal beginning of; initiate; commence; begin.
2. to induct into office with formal ceremonies; install.


1/20/2009 will be a date that many of our children and children's children will read about in history books. A day some people have prayed for since well before I was born. Even though I don't really have anything very profound to write, it seems odd not to recognize the importance of this day and the meaning it has on our country and its future. I remember being told in middle school that our generation would see an African American president, but not ever suffering for the color of my skin, just took it as a fact and moved on. But watching today on tv as many people shed tears the reality of what it has meant for some people for this day to come is far to great to overlook. I am thankful that their prayers have been answered.

Though I am not a huge Obama fan, I am a fan of a Sovereign Lord, who I trust knows what he is doing and planned this day before there was time. I pray that the Lord would use President Obama, guide his steps and protect him and his family. I've been praying too that Christians would respond well to this change of power. If anything this is a great opportunity to increase our prayers for our country and its leadership.

One thing that really shocked me today was the massive volume of people who attended the inauguration. And then God in his kindness had me read this in his word today:
Revelation 5: 11-14 "Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, 'Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!' And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, 'To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!' And the four living creatures said, 'Amen!' and the elders fell down and worshiped."
How sweet will that day be, how great and glorious will be the celebration that occurs. When every tribe and tongue declares worthy is the lamb, and every knee bows down to worship.... I can't wait! Today's celebration was great, but that day will be significantly greater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awsome, Ang! Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy checking out your blog...a good mix of laughs and spiritual encouragement :o) Happy Tuesday!