Thursday, November 5, 2009

J.C.Ryle Quote

Our Care Group went through J.C.Ryle's Urgent Appeal to Search the Scriptures "How Readest Thou?", which I would highly recommend. It was a great tool for examining our view of God's word and helping us to see areas we need to grow. Often I feel with my quiet times as if I am on a roller coaster. There will be days and weeks of rich times with the Lord, and then times where I feel as if I am just going through the motions. This quote really encouraged me to just be faithful. "The greatest effects are by no means those which make the most noise, and are most easily observed. The greatest affects are often silent, quiet, and hard to detect at the time they are being produced...There may be far more doing than you think in your soul by your Bible reading".

No comments: