Sunday, May 16, 2010

monthly update

Some past happenings and future happenings with our little family:

Past-

1. We moved!!! So, if you had our address before, just switch the apartment number to 129. We shuffled across the hallway and now have a lovely 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment! The Lord provided for us once again in his perfect timing, we were able to move well before our lease was up and didn't have to eat the hefty fine. Other blessings included the fact that we didn't have to actually pack, my kitchen is waaaaaaay more spacious and Colby will not have to sleep in the closet. :)

2. I am officially in the 3rd trimester, I seriously thought I would never get to the 2nd let alone the 3rd. I told Jer today I'm feeling pretty good about myself. :) Colby is quite the kicker and mover, we are thinking soccer player. We are already so in love with him and can't wait for his arrival. The other day we went and got his crib and mattress (thanks gb & kathleen!) and it made it seem so much more real. Health wise I am continuing to improve, I am now only taking my meds once a day, twice if needed. I still have to pace myself and rest often and the aches of the getting bigger have set in, but I will take that any day over the hyperemesis! The Central Library is a frequently visited place by Jer and I, it is only 2 blocks away. So, I get a different baby book every time I go. Currently I am reading Eat Sleep Poop by Cohen, and love it. It is written by a dad/pediatrician. Any suggestions for my next read??

3. Little things: a.) We went on our babymoon to Lancaster, PA. Shopping and eating were pretty much all we did. We were thankful for some time together just the two of us. b.)This weekend we went to West Chester for two days and loved getting to see everyone. There is nothing like having two church homes, we love love love philly people. The main reason we were up there was so that I could attend Sarah Sharp Smith's shower :) and it was a joy to be there and celebrate with her as she awaits the arrival of Julia Mae. c.)a few weekends ago we had a girls day out to Georgetown with gburg girls: AJ, Casey, Elise and I. And Philly girls: Reenie, Traci, Meg and Sharpie. It was tons of fun and hopefully will continue to be a tradition.

Future-

1. I have a nice bottle of Fruit Punch liquid sitting in my fridge, the lovely glucose screening test is this Friday. I hope I pass the test. :)
2. Our second anniversary is a month away! Love that boy.
3. A baby shower in the near future. :)
4. Gallagher Beach Week(s)!!!!! My count down says 35 days, I already made my packing list, we look forward to this trip all year long.

Lastly, I eat popsicles, pretty much everyday. :) I think once it gets hotter I might have to have two a day. The popsicle sticks have jokes on them, and since todays reminds me of my husband who is currently protecting Columbia, I share it in his honor...
Joke- Why were the police suspicious of the blinds??? They were shady.
(I know corny, but I think they are meant for kids....and pregnant people)

No comments: