Thursday, November 6, 2008

bridesmaids



I am super thankful for all of these ladies who stood beside me on my wedding day. Each of them have helped me to grow in godliness and bring laughter to my days. I thank the Lord often for the gift they are to me.



Josie: Is my sister in-law. She is filled with the joy of the Lord. The thing that stands out to me the most is how helpful she is around the home. She will make an amazing wife and mother someday. Favorite memory of Josie- She was trying to figure out why our new email address was bowers.jerange and Josie was like what is a jerange... :) umm he is jer and i'm ange. Gotta love those Josie questions. (Josie... what does FBI stand for!?!?)

Maureen: My Moe. We grew up in the same church, but didn't become good friends till about 2 years ago. And she has affected my life greatly. She is thoughtful, compassionate, and strong in her faith. Favorite memory with Moe- This one time we were on an Alpha retreat, Moe saw dead people... :)

Steph: We go way back, lots of memories, growing together and big life moments. She is the life of the party wherever she goes. Steph has always been good at challenging me, asking the hard questions and bringing truth into my life. Favorite memory of Steph- shaving our legs in that tiny tub at YC and getting an odd look from Mrs. Harvey. :)

Meghan: Just drove down and surprised me today. I was shocked to open my door and have her standing there, balloon in hand! :) But that is just a small picture of Megs love for people, which I have often been the recipient of. Favorite memory of Megs- would have to be when we went to this market in Bolivia that was "like your ebay"...it was nothing like ebay. It was the Bolivian black market, filled with the best thieves/pick pockets in La Paz.

Traci: Traci did admin for the youth ministry while I was in it, and the early days of admin when I first joined the youth a-team. T is one of my favorite people to talk to, ever. She has such a gift of wisdom and insight and who I love to go to for advice. Not to mention she is just the definition of fun. Favorite memory of Traci- was NA '06 road trip, we stopped in Pittsburgh for the night, and Traci whips out this little finger puppets....

Sarah: Sharpie and I have been friends since junior high, we've been through it all together. She is so humble when it come to her own sin, and so helpful to draw me out about my own. Sarah has always encouraged me to pursue the Lord in all things and been faithful to pray for me. Favorite memory of Sharpie- Well this one time when we were loving others through the form of pranking, Sarah was the get-away driver (not sure whose idea that was) and when we drove pass the house we pranked someone yelled duck, and well everyone knows the driver shouldn't duck....she did.

2 comments:

kelli cohee said...

ange, great post.
remember...sarah was the getaway driver because her car was the most ghetto at the time.
love you!

Traci Healey said...

you are the best!
and the house that we were driving past...was mikes. :)