Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock the Vote

Today I am thankful for our country and the freedoms we have. Its easy to take it for granted, since I've never had to suffer to gain freedom. But many souls fought hard to make it easy for us to vote today. So, lets not take it lightly.

Today's election reminds me to be thankful for the ultimate ruler, over all creation. I'm thankful today, that my hope is in a God who is not shaken by an election, who already knows the outcome and who holds all things together.

Colossians 1: 15-17 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Jer and I have a voting date tonight when he gets off work and before we head to cg. I'll try to snap a photo to post! Second time voting for presidential election for me, first time in Maryland!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Yep, our first time voting in Florida. :-) We'd never used paper ballots before. I felt like I was taking a test.