Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today is: "I think you're boss day"

Shout out to Traci Prater Healey for her brilliant mind, she came up with the title "I think you're boss day". As a part of gratitude month 2008, I thought it would be fun to thank someone in your life that you appreciate and has a special place in your heart. Someone who you wouldn't normally take the time to thank on a day to day basis. So, start thinking of your gratitude dude or dudette and I will share mine with you...


1. This dude like myself, has a love for peanut butter, but I'm a skippy peanut butter fan and he's a peter pan fan.


2. Mystery dude once fell through his bedroom ceiling and lived to tell the story.


3. Mr. Dude should have been a candidate for the 2008 Presidential election...I would have voted for him. Not to mention his wife would have made the best first lady ever.


Have you guessed yet.....


Dr. Seuss.....Nope, he was a close runner up



Mr. Rogers.....No (he died people, the saddest day in Leo's life)




Mark Prater....Bingo


For those of you who don't know, Mark and Jill Prater blessed Jer and I by doing our pre-marital meetings. We loved having one on one time with them, learning lots about the married life from them. And lots about Indiana. :) They were always open to our questions and sharing personal experiences with us. Thinking back I know that we were spoiled to have the opportunity to receive their input and prayers in our lives. Our marriage thus far has been richly blessed and that is due to their influence in the "early days". Thank you both for your love and care for our souls.

JaMarcus, I specifically wanted to thank you for your love for the local church and its people. I thank the Lord for choosing to bring you back to Covenant Fellowship after your church plant to Pittsburgh. I strongly believe that you were a means of grace in the life of the church during some difficult seasons, and often you were the one who I specifically remembering caring for my soul and leading me well. Growing up with out a father, I had no lack, due to men like you and the pastoral team who shepherd the flock with a regard for its utmost importance. Thank you for living a life that is pleasing to the Lord. Thank you for loving your wife and daughters in a way that sets an example for the young men in the church to follow. Thank you for loving God's people, who I'm sure aren't always easy to love. :) And thank you for never straying from the truth in God's word.

4 comments:

meg said...

aw. you have a special place in my dad's heart. i bet he cries when he reads this :)

kelli cohee said...

true story. he is boss.
love you, dad!

Mark Prater said...

Wow! What kind of words. And yes, they made me cry. I miss you and Jer. I love you guys
JaMarcus
p.s. why does my hair look so grey in that picture? Must be the tie!

Mom said...

sniff... :)