Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"the glory of Christmas is found at the cross"

Well I've decided that gratitude month was essential, and that it would be good for me to continue growing in that area by posting once a month a little thankfulness post. So, here it is...

Covenant Life is currently going through a mini Incarnation series. Though I've never been very fond of that word, I am very thankful for the meaning and the series! The last two Sundays have just been a blessing to both Jer and I. I love when you leave church and continue to discuss the message because of the truth that was just proclaimed.

Two Sundays ago, Jeff preached out of John 1:14. He told a great story about dressing up like ultimate man for his son's birthday party, and how later when he pulled up his mask to ask him if he was enjoying the party, his son exclaimed "I thought it was you". That story brought joy to my heart. My favorite point he made: The incarnation is the ultimate display of God for the ultimate need of sinners.

This past Sunday Don D. preached out of Hebrews 2: 14-18, and asked one of those thought provoking questions: Q.) If sin had never entered the world, would it have been necessary for God the Son to become human? During his message he gave a shout out story to 10th Pres in Philadelphia and now Jer and I are planning to go there on one of our trips up. Maybe Jamarcus will go with us! :) Don also shared that there is no note of human experience that does not revoke a sympathetic resonance from Christ. What a good reminder.

Can't wait for this Sunday.

No comments: