Wednesday, October 14, 2009

befriend faithfulness

Psalm 37:3-5
“Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act”
When I first read through this today, my heart was amen-ing that he will give me the desires of my heart and he will act. Which is a blessing, that the Lord chooses to pour out goodness on his children. But the Lord slowed me down to look back again and see what I am called to do. To trust him, do good, befriend faithfulness, delight in him and commit my ways to him. (Oh, I love that part....befriend faithfulness). All of these things require a guarding of my heart and thoughts, discipline and a whole lot of grace. I am thankful that the strength needed to be obedient to God's word does not come from myself, but the one who calls me to them in the first place.
Step One: Memorize this passage :)

1 comment:

Traci Healey said...

thanks ange. this helped me today.