Sunday, October 18, 2009

october thus far

Care Group Camping Trip '09
Christopher & Jer putting up "our" tent...really we borrowed it.
It was very windy and rainy. I was praying all night that the rain guard would not blow away considering the Riddlesbergers have yet to use this lovely tent. I am sure it would have made a great story, but not when your husband hasn't slept in many hours. Thankfully, everything remained tied down.
Our evening guest. True love.
Ally and I were able to ride up together. She is one of my favorite people to talk to. You never leave a conversation with her without loving God more. Ally has a little dude inside of her that will grace us with his presence very soon! I can't wait to meet him.
The Parsons & the great marshmallow test. You see Heather a true farm girl has been taught by her dad the art of marshmallow roasting... however, as she was showing us, her marshmallow took the great plunge into the fire, while her snowboarding artsy husband roasted his to perfection.
The saw was crucial. Good thing Brian is rugged and has a relaxed wife. I would never let Jeremy near a saw like that!
Our leaders: Beth & Dr. Steve ummm they slept on a blow up air mattress....totally not rugged of them.
I love him. This guy made a handy little bagel holder over the fire thing.
After camping we headed up to our 2nd home Covfel for the 25th Anniversary. What a sweet day. They had 3 bands the 80's, 90's and the future. Really funny videos, by far the best one was Tom Smith's Land Ho. Sitting next to Sharpie was one of my favorite parts; just hearing Bill Patton made us both tear up, the whole night was like watching home movies and just the fact that Sarah and I have been friends since junior high and now both married still remaining friends is so kind of the Lord. God has been so faithful to Covenant Fellowship and its people. Besides Jeremy, Covenant Fellowship has been the biggest means of God's grace in my life. My relationship with the Lord, my closest friendships and my best memories are all a direct result of the local church. It stirred in my heart to pray for the next 25 years. Psalm 145:4,13 "One generation shall commend your works to another...Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations"
In other news: I cut open my first pomegranate the other night. It was yummy.
What a steal. See that little candle holder on the left. Free. Yes, I found it at Michaels a few weeks ago. I had prayed the Lord would help me find good deals, so that I could grow in the area of decorating my home. Well, when I went to check out I asked the girl to do a price check because it was on a shelf with a bunch of discount items. I thought it was going to be 30% off. She rung it up and it was 1 cent! Ha. Then she goes well when it comes up like that, then we are just trying to get rid of it, so I'll just give it to you for free. :) That made this little wife's heart very happy.

Go Phillies!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

1) i love how cute Ally is...pregnant and all! camping looks like it was fun
2) i loved being your buddy during the 25th anniversary too. it HAS been a long time that we've been friends - how kind of God :)
3) i want to go buy a pomegranate now.
4) i really like your free candle holder
5) i love you

Traci Healey said...

well, this made me laugh. only you could write a very touching paragraph about the 25th anniversary and then seamlessly transition to a pomegranate.