Saturday, October 31, 2009

hello people.

We are in our new apartment, and loving it! It is just such a favorite of mine to now have four burners, an oven and a dishwasher!! We are still settling in, everything doesn't have a place yet, but it is getting there. We heart our green wall, it is not neon green like our old kitchen, but it isn't a sage green either, more like a guacamole green. On the day we moved in there were little presents left for us by the Buzzuto company that owns the apartments, and I love little presents. There was basic stuff like a new sponge, dish soap, toilet paper, paper towels and snacks. But the best one of all was this handy little hammer. Now to the untrained eye it was just a hammer, but to our friend Ed it was a multi-use tool, that opened up into like 6 different tools. Good thing he was there that day, we would have just thought it an ordinary hammer.

Jeremy can now bring his cruiser home the nights he is working, which is just amazing. Last night he was even able to stop home to have "dinner" (if you would call it that at 10pm). At one point I was even able to see him run lights and sirens from my living room window. I was thanking the Lord the other day while driving that his plan is always perfect, and he has us just where he designed us to be.

And in other news, I just received a call that our table and chairs are being delivered today!!!

Jer and I went to check out the library down the street yesterday and were very impressed. It is like getting a whole new movie collection. The nice library lady told us they were known for their dvd collection, boy was she right. Then we found out I didn't even need to get a new card, they now have the library cards that work for all of Maryland. Pretty sweet. Jer and I decided to each pick a book off of the "classics" shelves. He is going to reread Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett and I will be reading The Member of the Wedding by Carson McCullers.

Our first night we went to one Giant, and Jer became friends with the deli boy. Who after chatting with us a while, printed out the receipt and then added two more ounces of cheese on. Which of course Jer missed and I took note of, because those are the things I heart in life. Though don't tell because we don't want to get coughalonzocough in trouble. The best part is Jer called him by his first name and he was a little startled that Jer knew it, but then Jer graciously reminded the guy that he was wearing a name tag. :) But the next night I checked out a different Giant, and decided it was much nicer and will be my grocery store. Sorry Alonzo.

I will do a photo update soon, but for now I have to go wake up husband so we can go to his cousins' football game.

2 comments:

Reenie said...

I heart your newlywed life. Oh the fun discoveries of grocery stores and libraries. and I heart you!

Edmund Dantes said...

I guess I didn't say anything funny enough... :(