Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We keep forgetting....

Multiple times this weekend, we've been hanging out with people for quite a few hours before we remember to tell them our big news. We're moving. Not to Philly, just need to clarify that one, since it was a popular question. We are saying goodbye to Olney and hello to Columbia. The Lord has really been teaching us a lot about his faithfulness to us over the last few weeks. We literally went from thinking we should move to maybe we are called to live here another year to we are moving at the end of the month. :) Which is why we keep forgetting that it is actually happening.

I love to see how what the Lord has ordained is always so much better. The place we are moving to seems to have one blessing after another. Jeremy will be their "courtesy officer", which allows them to give us a pretty good % off our rent, and doesn't require too much of Jer's time. A full kitchen, I will have a full stove top and oven!!! For a new wife that is huge. I keep thinking of all the things I can now make. It has a washer and dryer in the apartment. A little walk out patio. A big walk in closet in our bedroom. There is a pool and 24 hour gym on the property. We can walk to the mall, movie theater, a bunch of restaurants, the library and Merriweather where Jer sometimes works concerts. The place seems very community oriented which we are excited about another opportunity to get to know more people. In the club house is a little mini starbucks hub where you can get free coffee, cocoa and tea. AND the best part of all is that it is in the Charlie area where Jer works, so if he needs to stop home while he is working he is able to. So, he could come home for dinner or just to say hi. :)

We know that all of our searching would of come up short if the Lord had not directed our steps. And we are so thankful for his kindness to provide for us. The BIG question now is what color to pick for the accent wall they are painting for us. So, do submit your suggestions. :)

7 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

yay!!! so exciting!!!!
i think you should do a red accent wall :) that is my favorite color for an accent.

Kelley Murphy said...

YAYYYY! That's so great! =) And what sarah said, for the wall. Or black. but i'm weird like that.

Reenie said...

wow I love green, but that is not a good accent wall color. Sarah is right red is a good one. I was watching a movie and they had a really deep orange, but bright, not really pumkiny (which is what you would think) for their wall and I really liked it, and I am not an orange person at all.

Anyway I am really happy for you even though you did not tell me, but Meghan and Traci did yesterday.

I loved seeing you guys on Sunday I just wish I was not so busy and I could have gone so soccer and we could have sat next to each other and gossiped and had many laughs. I miss you Ange and I wish you were moving here to PA, but I know that God has you in MD for a reason.

kelli cohee said...

yay! that's awesome!
that's right where corey and i were on sunday too.
how about a yellow (not too bright) for the accent wall... because it's a happy color.
love,
kelli

Anonymous said...

Wow,very exciting, the Lord really does bless us exceedingly abundantly above all we could think or ask. I personally would get tired of red, I think a more restful color would be good; desert sand, dusty rose, forest green .....

Ally said...

in response to reenie (whom i've never met; hi reenie), i think the Lord has you in md for MANY reasons, including...me. thank you.

SO thrilled for you my friend. can't wait for you to take me and little bubs to the pool and starbucks. thank you again.

xo

Jean said...

so very cool! we lived in Columbia, in fact not far from where you will be, for many years. it's a wonderful place, but in desperate need of God. will be praying for you and can't WAIT until Nov. 7!!

love and miss you,
aunt jean